- 1974 Started riding Trials.
- 1977 Brought his son Mike into the sport at age 5.
- 1981-1983 Cincinnati, OH Area Rep.
- 1985 Took His son, former T.I. Champ class champion, Mike to his first National Trials event at age 13.
- 1990-1992 Trials Inc NATC Rep.
- 1991 Trials Inc Sportsman of the year for his work and coordination of the Berea, KY national.
- 1992 Became the NATC awards coordinator, a position he held until 2015. If you have received a National award, chances are Jerry was responsible.
- In the early 90's, Jerry became one of the first members at Saddleback East, he helped move the Dixie Cup event from Berea, Ky to Saddleback, where it is still an active event to this day. He always had a bit of bad luck with the weather starting in 1991 in Berea and it followed him to Saddleback. With this bad luck also came with a nickname of "Rain Man", that Jerry wore proudly under his rain coat for many years.
- 1997 Jerry handed the Dixie Cup off to Brad Baumert.
- 2015 Jerry was inducted in to the NATC Hall of Fame.
- Since then he has remained active in the Trials community and enjoys Dual Sport riding in Moab, UT with friends he has made through his years of Trials and Motorcycle in general.